A Mississauga resident has been charged with a variety of offences, including sexual assault, following an investigation by provincial police in Oxford County.
tap here to see other videos from our team.
OPP say they were contacted by a parent after they found a young person in Tillsonburg with an unknown person.
Police say an investigation determined the youth had met the accused online and had agreed to meet in person.
A 23-year-old has been charged with:
- sexual assault on a person under 16 years of age;
- sexual interference;
- invitation to sexual touching on a person under 16 years of age;
- luring a person under 14 years of age by means of telecommunication;
- distributing cannabis to an individual under 18 years of age;
- two counts of possession of over 30g dried cannabis in a public place;
- failure or refusal to comply with demand;
- driving while under suspension;
- driving a vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available;
- possession of unmarked cigarettes for sale;
- and operating a motor vehicle without insurance.
The accused is to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Woodstock on a later date.