Norfolk County has closed its facilities and cancelled programs in support of the province’s COVID-19 containment strategy.
“With the advice and guidance of the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit and the Medical Officer of Health, Norfolk County is closing a number of facilities to the public and cancelling camps and other programming,” said a media release issued late Friday afternoon.
The following facilities will be closed until April 5:
- All county library branches and museums
- Simcoe Rec Centre and pool
- County community centres and halls, with the exception of previously-scheduled events (such as weddings, fundraisers, etc.). Those with events booked should contact the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit’s COVID-19 hotline at 519-426-6170 ext. 9999 (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- The Simcoe Seniors Centre and the Delhi Friendship Centre.
“Staff will continue to report to work at these facilities for their scheduled shifts, unless otherwise advised by their supervisor,” said the release.
- Daycare centres in Haldimand and Norfolk have also been ordered to close by the Medical Officer of Health.
- County open houses, public meetings and engagement sessions are also under review.
Updates will be posted to norfolkcounty.ca/covid19.
Public health updates are available at https://hnhu.org/health-topic/coronavirus-covid-19/.