The Ford government marked Heritage Week in Ontario by announcing $122,000 in grants for museums and historical societies in Haldimand and Norfolk.
“I am proud our government is supporting local stewards and champions who preserve our culture and heritage,” local MPP Toby Barrett said Feb. 25 in a news release.
“Museums and heritage organizations like the drilling rig museum (of Selkirk) and historical societies enrich people’s lives right here in our own community and open the door for visitors from near and far.”
Norfolk’s share of the grant fund totals $52,854. The money has been allocated to the following institutions and groups:
- The Ontario Tobacco Museum and Heritage Centre in Delhi: $18,075.
- The Waterford Heritage and Agricultural Museum: $16,724.
- The Port Dover Harbour Museum: $14,965.
- The Port Rowan-South Walsingham Historical Society: $1,545.
- The Waterford and Townsend Historical Society: $1,545.