A total of 32 employees of Haldimand County met the threshold for inclusion on the province’s 2020 Sunshine List according to data released by the Ford government last week.
Leading the pack with earnings of $189,580 was county CAO Craig Manley. Others listed as making $100,000 or more were:
tap here to see other videos from our team.
- Sam Bono, supervisor of roads: $104,250.
- Beth Brown, registered nurse: $105,215.
- Cathy Case, general manager of corporate and social services: $153,250.
- Randall Charlton, manager of building and bylaw enforcement: $121,640.
- Charmaine Corlis, treasurer, $120,140.
- Paul Diette, CEO of Haldimand County Public Library Board: $119,975.
- Evelyn Eichenbaum, manager of citizen and legislative services: $121,640.
- Michael Evers, general manager of community and development services: $150,245.
- John Fagan, manager of fleet operations: $130,155.
- Kristopher Franklin, manager of engineering services: $120,140.
- Lori Friesen, manager of legal and support services: $121,815.
- Jason Gallagher, fire chief and manager of emergency services, $127,900.
- Tyson Haedrich, general manager of engineering and capital works: $158,690.
- Brandon Hedges, manager of environmental operations: $100,300.
- Jennifer Jacob, administrator of Grandview Lodge in Dunnville: $113,105.
- Megan Jamieson, director of human resources: $130,155.
- Mark Merritt, general manager of financial and data services: $147,375.
- Philip Mete, general manager of public works: $156,530.
- Jeffrey Oakes, manager of facility capital and asset management: $130,155.
- Wray Oakes, manager of roads: $100,880.
- Donald Otterman, deputy chief of paramedic services: $101,825.
- Jose Pacheco, deputy chief of paramedic services: $102,115.
- David Pressey, director of roads operations: $129,730.
- Raymond Rodgers, paramedic: $105,690.
- Lidy Romanuk, manager of economic development and tourism: $121,640.
- Jelte Schaafsma, director of nursing, Grandview Lodge: $100,990.
- Katrina Schmitz, manager of community development and partnerships: $109,920.
- Shane Strader, paramedic: $100,275.
- Shannon Van Dalen, manager of planning and development: $112,860.
- Danny Williston, deputy chief of paramedic services: $102,915.
- Philip Wilson, manager of water and wastewater engineering and compliance: $120,840.
The Harris government passed the Public Sector Salary Disclosure Act in 1996 as a means of bringing openness and transparency to the question of public-sector compensation. The threshold for disclosure was set at $100,000 and has remained there since.
Haldimand’s Sunshine List for 2020 closely resembles the list for 2019 when 31 county employees were listed as earning $100,000 or more.
In the early years, the “Sunshine List” was largely confined to senior managers and administrators. In the intervening 25 years, the list has grown considerably to include rank-and-file employees, many of them unionized.