Members of the Elgin County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) under the direction of the West Region Crime Unit have arrested a male party in connection with a violent sexual assault that occurred on October 19, 2013.
As a result of an exhaustive investigation, the OPP has arrested and charged a 35-year-old man from St. Mary’s village in Trinidad and Tobago. He has been charged with:
- Sexual Assault with a Weapon – 272 (1)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Forcible Confinement – 279(2) of the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Overcome Resistance by Attempting to Choke – 246(1) of the Criminal Code.
- Uttering Threats to Cause Death – 264.2(1)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada.
The accused is being held in police custody pending a bail hearing. The Elgin County OPP would like to thank the public for their assistance and cooperation during the investigation.
"My thoughts today are with the victim of this horrendous crime," said Detachment Commander Brad Fishleigh in a media release. "It is my hope that she will begin the long journey toward healing, knowing that the perpetrator of this crime has been identified and is now before the Criminal Justice system.”
Elgin County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is currently investigating a sexual assault that occurred on October 19, 2013 around 9 p.m. at a rural residence just east of Vienna in the Municipality of Bayham.
At the time of the incident, an adult female was out on her porch when she was grabbed by an unknown male and forced inside her residence. Once inside the residence she was sexually assaulted. The male then departed and the female victim called for help. The female received minor injuries during the assault and was treated and released from St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital.
The male is described as:
- Black male
- 178cm (5’10”) – 183 cm (6’) in height with a muscular build.
- Mid to late 20’s in age
- No facial hair
- Suspect was wearing a grey hoodie, dark pants and white socks.